15 September 2013

A new chapter.

This is it. After almost 4 months of being a bum, my prayers were answered. It was an unexpected blessing from above. 

Two months ago, I went to Baclaran church to offer a thanksgiving mass for my birthday. I also took the opportunity to light candles and whisper my birthday wishes to God. One of the things I prayed for was to have a new job that I would really enjoy and at the same time help me pursue my dreams in life. The past few weeks were quite depressing and frustrating. There were those days when giving up was the only option left for me. At times I felt as if all my efforts were gone to waste because of the decisions I've made in the past. However, I have realized that it was all part of the journey. The humps and bumps I've experienced pushed me to strengthen my faith, become stronger and continue what I have started. 

Blessings come when you least expect it. 

After so many I-cried-myself-to-sleep nights, hurtful arguments and chest-pounding moments with the people around me, I finally decided to give myself another try. This time, I was 101% sure that I won't let myself down. It's now or never. 

Last Wednesday, I was really determined to look for a job no matter what it takes. I already convinced myself that I won't let the day pass by without accomplishing anything. So I went to Ermita, all my important documents on hand, and tried my luck. I listed down 4 agencies which I intended to go to that day. Nostalgia hit me as I passed the busy street of Pedro Gil. Ahhhh...college days. Anyway, I found my way to Midland Plaza and started my job hunting activity. I came across this agency which was not even on my list. There was a huge tarpaulin of job openings posted outside their office which left me staring at it for a couple of minutes. In fact, I wasn't even sure of the position I wanted to apply for. But still, I went inside and waited for my turn. I submitted my resume and other documents for screening. I was asked if I was applying for a teaching position since my experiences were clearly related to the academe. I told the guy there if he could consider my application for CSR or office clerk positions instead. He informed me to just discuss it with the HR head during the initial interview. I filled  out some forms and again waited for my turn. It was a short but brief interview. I even got irritated because the interviewer was too strict, she had no time to even smile at me. She gave me a green card and I went out of the room clueless on what it was for. The receptionist told me that they will just text me for the schedule of the final interview. So..... I passed! Hahaha! The next day, I received a text saying that my final interview with the employer was scheduled the following day. 13th day of the month. Friday.  7am. Business attire. No flat shoes. Happy and scared at the same time. 

If it's meant to be, it will happen. 

It was raining very hard but I didn't have second thoughts of ditching my appointment that day. To cut the long story short, I got hired after a whole day of impressing the employer. If I'm not mistaken, out of 40 applicants less than 10 were hired from our batch and I was lucky enough to be a part of the chosen few. Everything was totally unexpected. I signed the contract yesterday and will be leaving for Dubai on or before October 31st. Overwhelming. I still can't believe that everything happened in less than a week. Maybe this was what God has planned for me. 

Change is inevitable. 

In a couple of weeks, a new chapter of my life is bound to unfold. New work. New environment. New friends. Mixed emotions. 

If I finish processing my other requirements for employment, then I guess it would be time also to say goodbye to my homeland for the meantime. I will definitely miss my family and friends. It's really hard to leave knowing that this would be my first Christmas away from home. But I know that they understand that I'm doing this not just for myself but also for them. I'm sure it will all be worth it. :)


3 comments:

CottonCandySky said...

hello ate.. i've been following your blog. :) good luck to your new career! go lang ng go! :)

ivyvillanueva said...

Thanks Crissa! pag-pray mko.. more posts soon. international na yun. haha!

CottonCandySky said...

will do ate! good luck talaga! isang BIG MOVE YAN! :) baka dun mo na sya mahanap! :))