23 November 2013

Giving up is not an option.

I imagine myself sitting by the beach- the crashing of the waves as my music, the moon and stars as my light, and the stillness of the night as my companion. Looking at the distance, I allow myself to stay calm and peaceful. 

Oftentimes, we are so caught up in our everyday work that we forget to breathe. Yes, that is exactly the right term. We are so engrossed in adding digits to our bank accounts, impressing our own bosses and attending every single party we've been invited to that we forget to actually give time to ourselves. People these days  have already embraced the "YOLO" or You Only Live Once way of thinking and have been constantly undepriving themselves of doing certain activities that would tick off some items from their bucketlists. There's nothing wrong with yolo-ing since life was really meant to be enjoyed and lived to the fullest. However, there are times when a total shut down from our busy lives is what we actually need to keep us going any further. A breather that is. 

Have you ever considered detoxifying yourself from all the  hullaballoos of your everyday existence? This way, you get rid of all the stresses, bad vibes and negativities that your mind and body have already absorbed in the past. To detoxify: to cleanse. I made use of that term just like how it is being used medically since it also contributes to one's overall wellness. There are a hundred and one ways for us to detoxify but it actually depends on one's likes and interests. What works for you may not work for others. 

Whenever I feel tired and stressed out, I find joy in spending some time alone. Once in a while, I do certain things that would take my mind off all my worries and problems. I wander and explore other possibilities that would help me relax, unwind and enjoy the company of nothing but myself. I am a sucker for books. Chiclit type to be exact. Once I get hold of a good book, I can't help but temporarily disconnect myself from the real world. When I'm already fed up with all the dramas in life, I write. I'm not a pro when it comes to writing, but I just pour out my inner thoughts, share my feelings and bravo! I already have a journal/blog entry. Chitchatting with my friends I haven't seen in a while gives me more reasons to smile and have a good laugh. I dance to my favorite music to help me set the right mood and just when I feel like being crazy. Whenever I'm down, I listen to music or better yet, meditate and pray.

Life will surely give us a handful of stressful moments but this should not hinder us from enjoying what we are doing. Inhale and exhale. All it takes is a positive outlook and a pleasant disposition and you're sure to run an extra mile. Once step at a time. :)








No comments: