26 June 2013

Bucket List


What comes into your mind when you hear the phrase bucket list? I guess we'll come up with the same answer: a list of the things you want to do or accomplish before you die. Well, I also asked Mr. Google just to give you a definite answer and I was glad that we had the same thought. In fact, one of his friends Urban Dictionary (*wink*) said that it is a "list of things you think you might need to accomplish because you feel your own mortality  closing the door on you." He made it sound too complicated though. I can't imagine they're still friends. Kidding.

Anyway, I've been wanting to do this from way way back but everytime I buy my annual planner, most of the things I wanted to include are already stated there. So less effort for me. I just have to tick off the item which I think I have already done then presto! on to the next one. But thank God there's such thing as blogging. I can write whatever is on my mind without following a certain format. By the way, I forgot to mention that there are some items in my ready-made bucket list which are a bit impossible to do within a year. Now that's frustrating. But then again, you don't have to force yourself to do everything that are written there. These are only suggestions. It is still up to you whether you want to consider that particular thing as your " a must do/try" or not.


Let me share with you some of the items which I still consider as part of my bucket list.

1. Go to Paris France to experience the magic of the Eiffel Tower
2. Swim with dolphins (even if I don't know how to swim. maybe play with them instead.)
3. Cook a five course meal for my family
4. Join a dance workshop
5. Star gaze by the beach
6. Learn how to drive
7. Be more physically active and get involved in a particular sport/hobby
8. Decorate my own house
9. Go on a shopping spree with my best buddies
10. Religiously update my planner
11. Overcome my fear of heights 
12. Learn how to swim
13. Organize a special event for a close friend/family member
14. Put up my own library/mini-office at home
15. Walk-in closet
16. Go to an out-of-town trip alone
17. Party all night with friends (for a week...haha!)
18. Study photography
19. Climb a mountain and witness the sunset
20. Dinner in a yacht
21. Cruise trip
22. Do something new with my hair
23. Travel for a month with my special someone
24. Sign up for a tree planting project (pang Ms. Universe ang peg..haha!)
25. Put up my own business

I only came up with 25 items but I'm sure as the days go by, my list would go on and on. Life is beautiful. Despite the ups and downs, there will always be reasons to smile. Find joy and pleasure in everything you do. Some things might seem impossible to accomplish but with hardwork and determination, you'll reach your goals just in time. 

Life is short. Do what makes you happy. 

No comments: