07 October 2011

UPD Experience

October 1, 2011 - Saturday - UP Diliman

Despite the coming typhoon that day, my officemate and I pushed through with our UPD trip.  She asked me to be her subject for her thesis paper. She invited me to come over so I could take the much awaited psychological and intelligence tests.

The moment we entered the campus, I was really surprised at how big and spacious the whole surrounding is. Honestly speaking, it was my second time to go there. First was when I took the dreaded UPCAT exam.
The view was so nice and very relaxing to look at.


This statue reminds me so much of the oblation run held yearly inside the campus. I wish to witness that one of these days. Haha..

The ever popular UP Ikot jeepney that brings you from one building to another. In all fairness, the fare is one peso cheaper than the regular fare so that gives you Php7.00. However, you must be patient enough to wait because at times it takes more than 5 minutes for the next jeepney to arrive.

I've also seen joggers of all ages as we entered the campus. I was really tempted to run that day but that's not the main reason why I was there. Some other time, I guess.

Here are some of the pictures I took during the trip:


This one's really funny. I saw this the moment we stepped on the second floor. It thought this was just a joke but there were really participants going to the testing lab. I guess this was just their way of lightening things up. Nice motivation. :p


 Looks like from a kindergarten classroom right? I wonder who the teacher was. She forgot to remind her students to erase the writings on the board.. :p


 This shot was taken after I answered the tests. I just want to have a proof that I really did something productive there. :)


 The examiner / proctor. She was really shocked with the results. Literally.


 I thought this was really the signage. Pinoy kung pinoy. But it was supposed to be "Male Toilet". Guess
 somebody was in the mood to fool around and decided to erase the other letters. Tsk tsk. Detention?


  This old, stylish bike was just parked at the back of the guard's desk. While he was not around, I decided to ride on it so I would have a souvenir.


  We had our late lunch at The Chocolate Kiss Cafe located at the Bahay ng Alumnae. I really love this place. It was so classy and cozy plus they really serve great food!.. Their bottomless iced tea is a must try!..

I will definitely go back to the campus one of these days. I could probably invite some of my friends to run a few laps and then have some food tripping exercise right after. :p

Ciao!