25 August 2013

The BIG three-O

Flashback: It's already past 11 in the evening and I'm still wide awake. In less than an hour, I'll be saying goodbye to my 29th year as a human being. I won't be turning into a vampire nor a zombie at the strike of midnight. Another year will just be added to my ever wonderful life. And oh yes, I'm turning 30. How do I feel about it? 
I AM---Worried. Excited. Nervous. Uncomfortable. Happy. I don't know. 

Time flies so fast. Seriously. I could still remember my preschool days when my yaya used to accompany me to school carrying my kiddie bag and lacy purple umbrella. Those times when my mom would literally sneak out of our house to go to work just so I won't be able to see her and make a scene of crying my heart and lungs out. How embarrassing! My teeny bopper days that were so ridiculous I could die. I was so in love with Nicholas Gene Carter a.k.a Nick Carter of the best boy band of our generation, Backstreet Boys. I can't live a day without looking at his picture, listening to their music and even taking pictures of him on our TV screen. That's how obsessed I was then. I'm so thankful I managed to break up with him. Good thing he didn't commit suicide. Kidding. My "dalagita days" were much more exciting. My notebooks were filled with all the names of my crushes. You know, the ever famous FLAMES. I just want to know who I'll end up with in the near future. Craaaaaazy girl. ;) And there goes my 20s. My life-changing moments.  Those days when I have to be assertive, motivated, practical and responsible. Heartbreaks, loss, frustrations, and failures played a very important role in my life. I became more aware of the words that I utter and the consequences of all my actions. If not for my ups and downs, I would have not become the person I am today. 

Now that I've reached the dreaded age of 30, I came to realize that life was so much simple back then. No deadlines to meet, no errands to attend to, and no big decisions to make. But again, one must not fear taking another step on the ladder of life. Age is just a number. The plus 1 that we receive every year is a sign that we are given another shot to correct all mistakes, stand for what we believe in and fight for what is right.

The moment I woke up from slumber, I whispered a thank you prayer to the big man up there who had been my constant companion for the past 29 years. I felt grateful and truly blessed because I am surrounded by wonderful people. The unending birthday greetings were overwhelming. My heart melted from the inspiring messages given by relatives, friends and colleagues. I never knew I was that special and that I've somehow made an impact on their lives. Like WOW. 

To make my big three-0 a very special one, I've decided to spend it with the special people in my life. I must've been lucky that day because the heavens cried and poured out blessings on me. I attended mass at Baclaran Church and made sure to offer a thank you mass. After the mass, my food buddy and I went to Traders Hotel to have lunch. Another blessing from heaven--- FOOD. :)) Mouth-watering food, cozy place, nice ambience, and excellent service. It was indeed an ah-mazing and delicioso experience.

http://www.shangri-la.com/manila/traders/dining/restaurants/latitude/



My day ended with the best dinner with my family. I couldn't ask for more. 😊
Another chapter of my life is yet to unfold.  

"I may not have all the riches and glamour in life, but what I have now is more than enough."
Cheers!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post! see you on friday! :)