28 October 2011

Gayuma ni Maria

IMAGINE THIS: It's Friday. You feel too lazy to finish your tasks for the day. Suddenly, your phone beeps. A text message from your friend. "It's Friday! Let's hangout!". SMILE, SMILE, SMILE. Something to look forward to at the end of the day.

OCTOBER 8,2011: My friends (Lianne, Bryner and Len) fetched me after work and I was really surprised to see Lianne driving their family car. It was my first time to see her take charge of the steering wheel and I think she's doing a great job. To think that she took driving lessons just for a week! Anyway, I've missed these people - the laughter, gossips, bonding moments. It's been a while since we last saw each other. It's friday, no work the next day, the weather's perfectly fine - this is gonna be one hell of a ride!

With no exact plan in mind, we drove past the busy lanes of Edsa. I wasn't aware of the fact that I was holding on to my seat while catching up with my friends. Am I scared? No. Not just used to the person driving. Haha! No offense meant there, my dear. There goes the latest news: Lianne's visa just arrived and will be leaving any time soon. Len's now a professor at UAAP and somehow enjoys work plus the favorable benefits given to them. Lucky you. :) Bryner, bubbly as always, is now a freelance graphic artist and at the same time photographer (you already!).

Here's the catch: We ended up at the busy streets of Quezon Avenue particularly at this unique and extraordinary resto along Anonas - Gayuma ni Maria. Being the first timer in the group, I can't help but appreciate every single detail about this place. The facade mundane as it may look was already decorated with halloween effects. I just find this way too early though. The inside view was in contrast to its outside because of the exquisite and cozy restaurant set up. We were ushered to an empty table and were given the menu cards. My friends would like to occupy the small tables on the second floor but unfortunately, somebody has made early reservations. Just our luck.

Menu with a twist: I can't help but laugh when I've read it. It was like, this is so crazy! It's not the typical menu card. You won't see the real or usual names of food since they've changed everything and came up with crazy ones. Good thing there are descriptions below each meal. We really can't concentrate on what food to order because we've been laughing uncontrollably. Too happy eh? Just to name a few of those dishes:

Chinoy in 7th Heaven: Fried Chicken cooked with herbs

I Love You, Cross My Heart: chicken breast topped with cheese,
mushroom and asparagus

Once You Go Black, You Never Go Back: cocoa-crusted cream dory
with chocolate sauce

Rock Me, Baby!: hickory barbecue pork ribs served
with mashed potatoes 
                                                            And the weirdest dessert ever!
Beats Sex Any Day: chocolate cake topped with butterscotch
sauce and chocolate bites

* Thanks to spot.ph for the pictures. :)
So, are you tempted enough to try all of those dishes? Well, they're really a must-try!
Let the Gayuma experience satisfy your taste buds. Bon Appetite!

No comments: